Happy New Year!
Are you starting to feel really sluggish and tired from Festive Season?
On New Year’s Eve Day, my youngest daughter told me this, she felt tired, full of eating too much and didn’t like the way she was feeling. She is use to feeling energsied from her intense dance routine.
So I said to her “Trust me on this one, let’s walk to the beach, have a swim and a do yoga and some of your dance moves together”
It even seemed a struggle to get her walking, it has been hot and like everyone we are out of our routine with late nights and celebration after celebration.
After our 3hrs of moving, swimming, stretching dancing on the beach and just having the time of our life, we both felt energized and happy.
We all get off track at this time of the year. I believe it is important to let go of routine occasionally and relax, but there will come a time where your body will talk to you and it is vital to get back on track, immediately.
Don’t Panic, just follow my few simple steps to REST your energy, body and health.
Just follow these 7 simple yet effective steps to reset and recharge and you will be hitting those New Year Goals before you know it.
Start with Quality Sleep
If you have fallen into the ‘late night habit’or partying a little hard of the holidays, its important to realighn and be kind to your Temple, your body. If you are functioning in sleep deficit you are more likely to gain weight than the holidays. You crave more when you are sleep deprieved. So Step 1 Get to bed early tonight, aim to get at least 90 mins more than you have bee.
2. Get your gut cleansed
If you’ve been consuming lots of artificial sugars, alcohol and stodgy processed starchy foods, it’s time to take care of your stomach with nature. Choose one ingredient foods for the next 3 days to help you realign your gut. Opt for a turmeric tea or tonic to calm any gut inflammation.
3.Drink the Clean stuff
Drinking alcohol and sugary cocktails drinks, can leave you feeling fatigued- and not to mention cause havoc with your skin, energy, hormones, , leading to bloating and visible ageing. Ensure today that you get your 3 litres of water in – grab a new bottle to make it fun and your New Year Habit.
4.Get moving – release happy endorphines
This is the game changer, important if overindulging has got you feeling sluggish and tired from doing nothing. Just like my daughter was, trust me on this one. We can often think we need to rest if tired, its actually the other way around. I guarantee a solid hour of a walking, yoga, jogging, swimming or gym workout will have you feeling like you’re back on track in a flash. Whether you head to the gym or go for a walk, do something to get the blood and sweat flowing, do something you enjoy, you’ll feel the endorpines flourish you with happiness and vitality.
5.Eat Clean & Consistent
Just because you overindulged doesn’t mean that today is the day you start starving your body of nutrients by skipping meals or restricting yourself. Skipping meals will leave you feeling hungry and more likely to snack and binge later on, trust me I know. Follow the meals and snacks laid out in your 10WKMBT (Mind Body Transformation) meal plans and you’ll get back into a consistent routine and healthie habits so you can start feeling the energy and happiness back into your body. There is nothing worse in my mind feeling sluggish, heavy and tired. Feel energsied today so you can work towards your health and fitness goals today.
P.S. When you sign up to my January 10WKMBT (Mind Body Transformation) program for the 30 + and especiually Mum’s 40+ , you'll automatically RECEIVE one of my healthy Cook Books and go into the draw to win Private One to One Coaching with me. click here to join now www.nickyarthur.com.au
Check out the chat here with Andrew on Transformation and change for 2019.
NICKY ARTHUR A world renowned Fitness & Yoga Coach who started her journey 20 years ago in a hippy and rustic Ashtanga Yoga studio in Dunedin, New Zealand. Now a Certified Iyenger and Bikram Yoga Teacher and Fitness Coach has helped lead thousands of people to Yoga.
Have you had a massive week! Restoring your temple and your mind is everything for living life with passion and VITALITY.
We all need a little mood boosting from time to time.
These Tips are practical and they work.
Mood Booster Techniques
Control the direction of your thinking- choose to identify and eliminate negative thoughts from your mind.
1. Choose your peer group wisely-they can either lift you up or tear you down. Be bold and be honest in your assessment of your circle of influence.
2. Get plenty of quality sleep- invest in a comfortable mattress, pillows, soft sheets and tranquil thoughts. Use the mediation CDs to help you relax and to clear your mind before sleep.
3. De-clutter your space- an organised environment at home and at work results in an increased sense of calmness.
4. Keep your work and home environment bright and airy- light increases serotonin levels and lifts mood. An airy environment helps increase oxygen flow and energy levels.
5. Listen to uplifting music- Music is the ultimate mood changer. It can take you from the depths of listlessness to the heights of exhilaration. Invest in an ipod or MP3 player with your favorite mood booster play lists on it. Try Wilson Phillips 'Hold On', Savage Garden 'Affirmation', your favourite band, or embrace some yoga music such as 'Deva Premal', spiritual, sensuous and relaxing.
6. Stay aware of your body language- posture and facial expressions are powerful influences on the brain's neuro-transmitters, so walk tall, sit straight and smile!
7. Take a break and do something different- just doing something different will help break the state that you're in (e.g. if you've been working on the computer for a long period, just get up and walk around or try having a fresh glass of cold water or telling a joke).
8. Use the power of visualization- we can re-live a previous highlight or future utopia (and its associated positive emotions) at any stage by using the creative energy of our minds.
9. Look for reasons to laugh- the act of laughing, or even faking a laugh can elevate mood levels significantly. It is my mission to make people laugh again and be happy!
10 Aromatherapy-when lavender and rosemary scent oils are emitted from an oil diffuser, people tend to feel more contented and relaxed. Try my blend at night of geranium and lavender oil.
11. Massage-touch creates measurable changes in brain wave activity. Treat yourself to a professional massage or get your partner to stimulate energy flow and mood through massage.
12. Engage in acts of kindness- helping others not only makes us feel good, but it helps other people to feel better, because they see that you care about them.
13. Nutrition- You are what you eat. A healthy diet will provide you with more energy and vitality.
14. Get out and about around Nature. Research has noted that spending time at around trees helps increase good quality oxygen to your body.
For me this is my number one too along with yoga & meditation. 👌🏻🌾
Let me introduce myself, I’m Nicky Arthur International Author, Yoga and Fitness Coach, Vegan specialist, & Fitness Model Competitor, above all a mother of two beautiful healthy energetic young girls. For me that’s my most prized accomplishment. However, being a Mum and juggling it all can be challenging. But it doesn't necessarily mean you have to stop setting your own goals and dreams.
I love physical challenges and yoga has taught me the power of your mind. Often the mind stops you from doing the exercises than the body, are bodies are much stronger & flexible than we think and our minds are even more powerful.
My work is based on helping women and mums transform their body and life.
The 10 week Body Transformation program is aimed to help you look fit & healthy but more importantly feel good in the inside. I have the right recipe ticking all the right boxes for living a holistic, drug free, pain free happy exciting satisfied life. It is not just about weight loss, or fitness, it is about internal health and happiness, learning how your body works. In 10 weeks. I provide you with a plan, the tools and help you to you dream body so you can live your own dream life.