Fasting’s and Detoxing is becoming more and more popular in today's world. I believe because people are becoming more and more overloaded with stress and indulging foods. Fastings have been around for thousands of years.
Many of the foods in our modern diet (particularly grains and sugars), combined with eating constantly, has made our bodies lazy and largely turned off their ability to consume themselves. That might sound gross, but it’s a totally natural, healthy and important process. Completing a detox really does help you learn about your BODIES ENERGY SYTEM & how it functions.
There are many reasons people fast and many health benefits, many of these benefits is a process called “autophagy.” Autophagy is the body’s natural process of killing off, eating up, or cleaning out bad cell matter that’s built up in your body. It’s an important system for staving off many diseases, including preventing cancer development.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a DOCTOR however doing your own research and study is helpful to understand your own bodies need. Do not begin a fasting or detox without some professional guidance or knowledge, advice.
Fasting and Detox can teach you a lot about your own body.
Have you ever considered doing a fast but were not sure which one is the best for your needs and body? There are so many different types of fasting’s and detox programs. Over the many years of working in the health industry I have put my own body through many detox fasting’s and lead and facilitated many groups of people through their ow detox and fasting retreat. We have use colonic cleanse, raw vegan detox, water and coconut fasting’s along with juice fast.
My favorite one was the water and coconut water fast. I did this over a 5 day period and couldn’t believe how amazing I felt. My skin was glowing each day, and I could feel sluggish energy and excess fat leave the body fast.
I have tried them all at various times in my life for various reasons. They all have benefits along with their pros and cons.
BODY BUILDERS - take note
Now if you are a body builder leading up to a show or a bikini competitor then this would not be a good idea because of the risk of losing muscle. However if you have been a body builder and competitor and been out of control with food cravings after dieting down for a show and cant seem to find the balance with your nutrition or keep going for the artificial sugars then this could benefit you to reset your body and get you back to feeling balanced. It is a good thing for your body and digestive system to give it a rest to reset your metabolism and eliminate those sugar cravings.
I did the coconut fasting after my show in 2016 while in Bali before my guests arrived for their Detox Retreat. Here are some of the things I noticed and the pros and cons. By the way I love competing but I also love the feeling of a body maintenance detox or fasting. It gives you life back and that step back in to your life doing both. Body building diets are very clean and vey structured, fasting can be more spiritual and inner work rather than it being about weight loss of building muscle. Understand a fasting is something you would do a couple of times a year not all the time.
PROS OF FASTING
The pros of fasts are numerous but a few of the ones I like the best are:
CONS OF FASTING
There are a few cons but only a few.
NICKY ARTHUR A world renowned Fitness & Yoga Coach who started her journey 20 years ago in a hippy and rustic Ashtanga Yoga studio in Dunedin, New Zealand. Now a Certified Iyenger and Bikram Yoga Teacher and Fitness Coach has helped lead thousands of people to Yoga.
Have you had a massive week! Restoring your temple and your mind is everything for living life with passion and VITALITY.
We all need a little mood boosting from time to time.
These Tips are practical and they work.
Mood Booster Techniques
Control the direction of your thinking- choose to identify and eliminate negative thoughts from your mind.
1. Choose your peer group wisely-they can either lift you up or tear you down. Be bold and be honest in your assessment of your circle of influence.
2. Get plenty of quality sleep- invest in a comfortable mattress, pillows, soft sheets and tranquil thoughts. Use the mediation CDs to help you relax and to clear your mind before sleep.
3. De-clutter your space- an organised environment at home and at work results in an increased sense of calmness.
4. Keep your work and home environment bright and airy- light increases serotonin levels and lifts mood. An airy environment helps increase oxygen flow and energy levels.
5. Listen to uplifting music- Music is the ultimate mood changer. It can take you from the depths of listlessness to the heights of exhilaration. Invest in an ipod or MP3 player with your favorite mood booster play lists on it. Try Wilson Phillips 'Hold On', Savage Garden 'Affirmation', your favourite band, or embrace some yoga music such as 'Deva Premal', spiritual, sensuous and relaxing.
6. Stay aware of your body language- posture and facial expressions are powerful influences on the brain's neuro-transmitters, so walk tall, sit straight and smile!
7. Take a break and do something different- just doing something different will help break the state that you're in (e.g. if you've been working on the computer for a long period, just get up and walk around or try having a fresh glass of cold water or telling a joke).
8. Use the power of visualization- we can re-live a previous highlight or future utopia (and its associated positive emotions) at any stage by using the creative energy of our minds.
9. Look for reasons to laugh- the act of laughing, or even faking a laugh can elevate mood levels significantly. It is my mission to make people laugh again and be happy!
10 Aromatherapy-when lavender and rosemary scent oils are emitted from an oil diffuser, people tend to feel more contented and relaxed. Try my blend at night of geranium and lavender oil.
11. Massage-touch creates measurable changes in brain wave activity. Treat yourself to a professional massage or get your partner to stimulate energy flow and mood through massage.
12. Engage in acts of kindness- helping others not only makes us feel good, but it helps other people to feel better, because they see that you care about them.
13. Nutrition- You are what you eat. A healthy diet will provide you with more energy and vitality.
14. Get out and about around Nature. Research has noted that spending time at around trees helps increase good quality oxygen to your body.
For me this is my number one too along with yoga & meditation. 👌🏻🌾
Let me introduce myself, I’m Nicky Arthur International Author, Yoga and Fitness Coach, Vegan specialist, & Fitness Model Competitor, above all a mother of two beautiful healthy energetic young girls. For me that’s my most prized accomplishment. However, being a Mum and juggling it all can be challenging. But it doesn't necessarily mean you have to stop setting your own goals and dreams.
I love physical challenges and yoga has taught me the power of your mind. Often the mind stops you from doing the exercises than the body, are bodies are much stronger & flexible than we think and our minds are even more powerful.
My work is based on helping women and mums transform their body and life.
The 10 week Body Transformation program is aimed to help you look fit & healthy but more importantly feel good in the inside. I have the right recipe ticking all the right boxes for living a holistic, drug free, pain free happy exciting satisfied life. It is not just about weight loss, or fitness, it is about internal health and happiness, learning how your body works. In 10 weeks. I provide you with a plan, the tools and help you to you dream body so you can live your own dream life.