Ever gone away on that dream holiday and returned a few kg heavier. It happens to many, especially if you are flying afar. Just stepping on the plane your fluid retention goes up. Which means the scales go up?
You know how passionate I am about throwing the scales away and using the mirror or your clothes as a guide. When you can look in the mirror and see health vitality and a fit toned slender body coming back at you, you have won.
It doesn’t matter what the scales say. Generally most people know when the body fat or fluid has risen without the need to weigh themselves.
Try not to define yourself by a number, who cares what that number is. We are all different, sizes, height, bone density. Muscle weighs heavier than fat, it is a fact.
While you are travelling you may increase your weight a little so it is very important NOT weigh yourself on your arrival home. That is the worse thing you can do. You will be far better off to do something like my 3 Day Detox Plan before you hop on the scales. We all know what it can do to your mindset when we see an increase.
But is it possible to travel and actually lose weight or maintain? I believe so. With a few intelligent guidelines and a strategic plan it can help make travelling more fun and rewarding.
In today's demanding and challenging world people find themselves often sick and exhausted to the first few days of stopping and getting away. I remember my own body doing this years ago when I operated and owned my two Hair Studios. I use to burn the candle at both ends, and find myself when I did stop I would get sick and not want to do anything while on holiday. It is because the cortisol sows down, you are not running off adrenalin to get business tasks or projects done. Your body relaxes and then you finally realise you are burnt out, exhausted and no good to anyone on your holiday. I believe the key is to work towards balance in your day to day life so you don't feel like you have to take a holiday to escape.
Travelling is fun and exciting. Exploring the world and going to places you have never been to before can be so invigorating but how can you stay healthy and fit while travelling.
Let's think about it. Most people while on holiday or travelling for work do have more time to exercise, but the problem is the eating out and the mindset of 'What the heck I am on holiday, I will start that get fit regime when I get home!"
Where every you travel to there couldn't be a better time than now to start implementing some simple and efficient eating and moving habits.
Check out all my travelling tips to keep you fit, healthy and feeling happy and amazing while travelling so you can enjoy the fullness of you holiday.
Week prior travel
I have eaten very clean all the way to LA choosing the vegan option with Humus and fresh
raw vegetables sticks and fruit served by ordering ahead.
What food & drinks to pack for the plane
I travel a lot and when I was competing in Fitness Comps in my 20’s over 20 years ago I learnt fast never to trust plane food, I did this every time and still do today.
Remember after flying one of the best forms of exercise you can do after flying is practice Yoga in your Hotel Gym by down loading my Bali Yoga Workout - one hour invigorating Yoga Session.
You can easily download the Bali Yoga Workout here
www.nickyarthur.com.au/yoga-bali-workout.html Bali Yoga
Look out for more Tips on How to Travel and Stay Healthy soon.
Remember to drop me a message and let me know how you found these Travel Tips.
NICKY ARTHUR A world renowned Fitness & Yoga Coach who started her journey 20 years ago in a hippy and rustic Ashtanga Yoga studio in Dunedin, New Zealand. Now a Certified Iyenger and Bikram Yoga Teacher and Fitness Coach has helped lead thousands of people to Yoga.
Have you had a massive week! Restoring your temple and your mind is everything for living life with passion and VITALITY.
We all need a little mood boosting from time to time.
These Tips are practical and they work.
Mood Booster Techniques
Control the direction of your thinking- choose to identify and eliminate negative thoughts from your mind.
1. Choose your peer group wisely-they can either lift you up or tear you down. Be bold and be honest in your assessment of your circle of influence.
2. Get plenty of quality sleep- invest in a comfortable mattress, pillows, soft sheets and tranquil thoughts. Use the mediation CDs to help you relax and to clear your mind before sleep.
3. De-clutter your space- an organised environment at home and at work results in an increased sense of calmness.
4. Keep your work and home environment bright and airy- light increases serotonin levels and lifts mood. An airy environment helps increase oxygen flow and energy levels.
5. Listen to uplifting music- Music is the ultimate mood changer. It can take you from the depths of listlessness to the heights of exhilaration. Invest in an ipod or MP3 player with your favorite mood booster play lists on it. Try Wilson Phillips 'Hold On', Savage Garden 'Affirmation', your favourite band, or embrace some yoga music such as 'Deva Premal', spiritual, sensuous and relaxing.
6. Stay aware of your body language- posture and facial expressions are powerful influences on the brain's neuro-transmitters, so walk tall, sit straight and smile!
7. Take a break and do something different- just doing something different will help break the state that you're in (e.g. if you've been working on the computer for a long period, just get up and walk around or try having a fresh glass of cold water or telling a joke).
8. Use the power of visualization- we can re-live a previous highlight or future utopia (and its associated positive emotions) at any stage by using the creative energy of our minds.
9. Look for reasons to laugh- the act of laughing, or even faking a laugh can elevate mood levels significantly. It is my mission to make people laugh again and be happy!
10 Aromatherapy-when lavender and rosemary scent oils are emitted from an oil diffuser, people tend to feel more contented and relaxed. Try my blend at night of geranium and lavender oil.
11. Massage-touch creates measurable changes in brain wave activity. Treat yourself to a professional massage or get your partner to stimulate energy flow and mood through massage.
12. Engage in acts of kindness- helping others not only makes us feel good, but it helps other people to feel better, because they see that you care about them.
13. Nutrition- You are what you eat. A healthy diet will provide you with more energy and vitality.
14. Get out and about around Nature. Research has noted that spending time at around trees helps increase good quality oxygen to your body.
For me this is my number one too along with yoga & meditation. 👌🏻🌾
Let me introduce myself, I’m Nicky Arthur International Author, Yoga and Fitness Coach, Vegan specialist, & Fitness Model Competitor, above all a mother of two beautiful healthy energetic young girls. For me that’s my most prized accomplishment. However, being a Mum and juggling it all can be challenging. But it doesn't necessarily mean you have to stop setting your own goals and dreams.
I love physical challenges and yoga has taught me the power of your mind. Often the mind stops you from doing the exercises than the body, are bodies are much stronger & flexible than we think and our minds are even more powerful.
My work is based on helping women and mums transform their body and life.
The 10 week Body Transformation program is aimed to help you look fit & healthy but more importantly feel good in the inside. I have the right recipe ticking all the right boxes for living a holistic, drug free, pain free happy exciting satisfied life. It is not just about weight loss, or fitness, it is about internal health and happiness, learning how your body works. In 10 weeks. I provide you with a plan, the tools and help you to you dream body so you can live your own dream life.