Wow we are in February already. 2019 has kicked off and I wanted to remind you today about our New Years Goals and dreams.
Firstly I want to share with you mine. I made one of my goals this year to TRAVEL more. The past few years I haven't been as far as Bali and Australia, I feel its time to step out of my comfort zone and visit some places I have only dreamed.
Allow me to side track a bit here for a minute. Remember the book 'The Secret' will Yoga also taught me the secret, that is to bring your goals and dreams to fruition, meaning bring them into your everyday reality. The past few years I didn't want to travel as much as I needed to focus on being here in Sydney for my two daughters while we were all going through some challenging and busy times, also I needed to build solid foundation in my local community for my Yoga Business and other one to one work with clients locally. To do that I needed to be here. I am still working on those goals and it takes time to build relationships up with people, as a coach you have to be available and rock solid to keep showing up balanced stable and positive. In my line of work I must have health mind and body, energy and vitality. I have to be organised and on top of my game.
However this year I set a wild goal, to TRAVEL somewhere exotic. I thought about where I would go, maybe Italy to Tuscany or Bahama, India to do yoga or Maldives for romance. Dreams are free right.
Now I use this visualisation I am right there, I am getting really clear about where I want to go and who will join me, do I take my girls a partner loved one, or do I go on my own.
Lets get back to the secret... for the secret to work you have to really get in the zone. I use meditation for this. I have found meditation very helpful for my life in general, to manage stress, worry and fear. More on meditation another time...!
When you get in this zone, and are really clear, you attract the right people or opportunities to rock up. The key here is are you AWAKE? Are you aware that this could be a big part of the plan or process to lead you to your dream?
Now let me get into WHY have I entered MISS JETSET?
So now you know what I was 'thinking and dreaming about' One day I was out for a nature walk (my other tool to get quiet and still in my mind, walk around nature, trees and plants oxygen and air, ocean breeze) then ... PING went my phone. In that moment I was away with the fairies dreaming about doing yoga in a beautiful exotic location wearing a feminine Yoga outfit or Bikini - I usually don't answer my phone when walking, but this time I did, It was a text reading... Louis Vuitton, Sandy Beaches and YOU...!! mmmmm Im not too worried about Louis Vuitton because hey we know materialism doesn't really sustain long term happiness (read my book How to be a Happier Mum ON ITUNES) but hey sandy beaches and ME! The text also said We want YOU to be our next cover model.
Ok so the mind goes, Nic come on you are getting a but old for this, you are not tall enough, pretty enough and so on. But then my mind went, what have you go to lose, why not be in it for some fun. After all I was asking the universe to take me to an exotic location but didn't really know how I was going to get there, lets say financially.
Firstly, I did my research on what kind of magazine. Wow when I looked it gave me reassurance, as the magazine is a affluent lifestyle magazine - for luxury high end travellers aimed at the demographic of 40+. TICK That's my demographic and thats my age. I listened to all the videos, to make sure it wasn't a scam, I went to every link I could find, just to make sure I wasn't wasting my time. I listened to past winners and researched every hashtag Facebook info I could. I even went to Linked In - now I am communicating with the marketing managers about International Yoga Retreats in Exotic locations and opportunity for me to be a Blogger for their stunning Magazine.
I followed the prompts on the text and I couldn't be happier being involved in this fun competition. There are so many rewards and positive effects since the launch, I am ranking 7th so far and have 12 days to get to the top number one in my group to get to the next round. I want to represent Australia and as KIWI - New Zealander to show anyone who wants to achieve a wild dream it is possible.
Back to the secret... it does work and I know that in my heart time and time again. If you truly believe in yourself and want something to appear in your life, all you have to do is visualise it, feel it, smell it, dream it. Why did I get a text that very day about MISS JETSET... I simply attracted my 2019 goal to me. It will be interesting how this plays out, I must stay humble, proactive, confident and aware of my thoughts. I must do the work as it won't happen with sitting back, and I want all my friends family and fans to know that on SOCIAL MEDIA. My intentions are good and I want to show my girls and others you can achieve wild dreams, you can become what you want, you can attract what you want. but must stay humble in the process and graceful. There is a prize money of 50 k and to be honest being a single mum woman in this day in age that prize money would be very helpful, to us. I would buy a new car for my family to get around in this busy city Sydney. I would book my girls flights to New Zealand to visit their Nana and Granddad and I would do something very special for a few very close friends how have helped me and my girls through the challenging time of divorce.
Anything left over would go to savings as the dream of travel will be fulfilled of the Photo Shoot for the cover Girl.
To do this I will need a committed team to make it happen. In return of your time I promise to deliver daily tip, quote or message of love.
You can vote daily and this is very exciting because I have learned in life to achieve in anything we need a team, I like to cal la tribe. I would love you to be part of my tribe for this campaign.
Here are the details it is simple and I hope I can get to the finals to thank each and everyone of you because I know today without YOU I simply can not get there.
Thanks for reading.
Love and light
Don’t move the way fear makes you move. Try to move daily the way ❤️love makes you move. Move the way joy makes you move.
With that said THANK YOU ❤️for showing your love support in a great kick off in @jetsetmag @missjetsetmag All I have to do is share my love 😍 and light and the universe will guide me/us!
@missjetsetmag @jetsetmag #jetsetmag #missjetset2019 #nickyarthur#yoga #coach #nutrition #healthy #lifestyle #cleanliving #meditation#positive #vibes #love #light
NICKY ARTHUR A world renowned Fitness & Yoga Coach who started her journey 20 years ago in a hippy and rustic Ashtanga Yoga studio in Dunedin, New Zealand. Now a Certified Iyenger and Bikram Yoga Teacher and Fitness Coach has helped lead thousands of people to Yoga.
Have you had a massive week! Restoring your temple and your mind is everything for living life with passion and VITALITY.
We all need a little mood boosting from time to time.
These Tips are practical and they work.
Mood Booster Techniques
Control the direction of your thinking- choose to identify and eliminate negative thoughts from your mind.
1. Choose your peer group wisely-they can either lift you up or tear you down. Be bold and be honest in your assessment of your circle of influence.
2. Get plenty of quality sleep- invest in a comfortable mattress, pillows, soft sheets and tranquil thoughts. Use the mediation CDs to help you relax and to clear your mind before sleep.
3. De-clutter your space- an organised environment at home and at work results in an increased sense of calmness.
4. Keep your work and home environment bright and airy- light increases serotonin levels and lifts mood. An airy environment helps increase oxygen flow and energy levels.
5. Listen to uplifting music- Music is the ultimate mood changer. It can take you from the depths of listlessness to the heights of exhilaration. Invest in an ipod or MP3 player with your favorite mood booster play lists on it. Try Wilson Phillips 'Hold On', Savage Garden 'Affirmation', your favourite band, or embrace some yoga music such as 'Deva Premal', spiritual, sensuous and relaxing.
6. Stay aware of your body language- posture and facial expressions are powerful influences on the brain's neuro-transmitters, so walk tall, sit straight and smile!
7. Take a break and do something different- just doing something different will help break the state that you're in (e.g. if you've been working on the computer for a long period, just get up and walk around or try having a fresh glass of cold water or telling a joke).
8. Use the power of visualization- we can re-live a previous highlight or future utopia (and its associated positive emotions) at any stage by using the creative energy of our minds.
9. Look for reasons to laugh- the act of laughing, or even faking a laugh can elevate mood levels significantly. It is my mission to make people laugh again and be happy!
10 Aromatherapy-when lavender and rosemary scent oils are emitted from an oil diffuser, people tend to feel more contented and relaxed. Try my blend at night of geranium and lavender oil.
11. Massage-touch creates measurable changes in brain wave activity. Treat yourself to a professional massage or get your partner to stimulate energy flow and mood through massage.
12. Engage in acts of kindness- helping others not only makes us feel good, but it helps other people to feel better, because they see that you care about them.
13. Nutrition- You are what you eat. A healthy diet will provide you with more energy and vitality.
14. Get out and about around Nature. Research has noted that spending time at around trees helps increase good quality oxygen to your body.
For me this is my number one too along with yoga & meditation. 👌🏻🌾
Let me introduce myself, I’m Nicky Arthur International Author, Yoga and Fitness Coach, Vegan specialist, & Fitness Model Competitor, above all a mother of two beautiful healthy energetic young girls. For me that’s my most prized accomplishment. However, being a Mum and juggling it all can be challenging. But it doesn't necessarily mean you have to stop setting your own goals and dreams.
I love physical challenges and yoga has taught me the power of your mind. Often the mind stops you from doing the exercises than the body, are bodies are much stronger & flexible than we think and our minds are even more powerful.
My work is based on helping women and mums transform their body and life.
The 10 week Body Transformation program is aimed to help you look fit & healthy but more importantly feel good in the inside. I have the right recipe ticking all the right boxes for living a holistic, drug free, pain free happy exciting satisfied life. It is not just about weight loss, or fitness, it is about internal health and happiness, learning how your body works. In 10 weeks. I provide you with a plan, the tools and help you to you dream body so you can live your own dream life.