How is you week going? Everyone I run into this month is wanting to get fit and get healthy again aftr their long summer break. We are slowly getting back into the swing of things here in Sydney, but the kids are still on school summer holidays and us Mum's often have to do our workouts from home. I remember those days, training my abs stretching while my two daughters were crawling all over me, lol.
We are in the middle of summer and if you are in Australia then it is hard not to be in your bikini or Swimsuit. But how does your tummy really feel after Xmas and New Year?
It's a great time to set new goals and new daily rituals. Get my Ab ritual I have been doing my entire life. Well let's just say since my 20's when I decided I need to clean up my own health and remove belly fat.
You know how great you fell when your tummy is toned and you are a kilo or two lighter. It's often not just about the way you look, but more importantly about the way you feel.
I have to say the biggest mistake people make when trying to lose weight is dieting. The best way to get in shape is to clean up your nutrition and lifestyle so you don't have to ever diet again. It is a good idea to have a mentor or coach to help support you through your lifestyle transformation.
There are key things to learn so you never feel hungry or like you are on a diet.
My tip today for you is start creating daily rituals. If you need a hand to get yourself where you truly want to be then please shout out and I will set up a time for a chat where you are at and how I can help you moving forward.
As we age it can feel like it get harder, here why we must keep doing the work so we don't have to do a huge Body Transformation down the track.
Let me educate you on how.
Practice 3x sets of 12 repetitions each exercise
Daily or 3-5 times per week is going to make a difference to your core. I begin my workouts with this routine everyday to keep my core nice and tight.
Enjoy Nicky xx
PS remember to send me any questions or set up a consultation with me soon.
NICKY ARTHUR A world renowned Fitness & Yoga Coach who started her journey 20 years ago in a hippy and rustic Ashtanga Yoga studio in Dunedin, New Zealand. Now a Certified Iyenger and Bikram Yoga Teacher and Fitness Coach has helped lead thousands of people to Yoga.
Have you had a massive week! Restoring your temple and your mind is everything for living life with passion and VITALITY.
We all need a little mood boosting from time to time.
These Tips are practical and they work.
Mood Booster Techniques
Control the direction of your thinking- choose to identify and eliminate negative thoughts from your mind.
1. Choose your peer group wisely-they can either lift you up or tear you down. Be bold and be honest in your assessment of your circle of influence.
2. Get plenty of quality sleep- invest in a comfortable mattress, pillows, soft sheets and tranquil thoughts. Use the mediation CDs to help you relax and to clear your mind before sleep.
3. De-clutter your space- an organised environment at home and at work results in an increased sense of calmness.
4. Keep your work and home environment bright and airy- light increases serotonin levels and lifts mood. An airy environment helps increase oxygen flow and energy levels.
5. Listen to uplifting music- Music is the ultimate mood changer. It can take you from the depths of listlessness to the heights of exhilaration. Invest in an ipod or MP3 player with your favorite mood booster play lists on it. Try Wilson Phillips 'Hold On', Savage Garden 'Affirmation', your favourite band, or embrace some yoga music such as 'Deva Premal', spiritual, sensuous and relaxing.
6. Stay aware of your body language- posture and facial expressions are powerful influences on the brain's neuro-transmitters, so walk tall, sit straight and smile!
7. Take a break and do something different- just doing something different will help break the state that you're in (e.g. if you've been working on the computer for a long period, just get up and walk around or try having a fresh glass of cold water or telling a joke).
8. Use the power of visualization- we can re-live a previous highlight or future utopia (and its associated positive emotions) at any stage by using the creative energy of our minds.
9. Look for reasons to laugh- the act of laughing, or even faking a laugh can elevate mood levels significantly. It is my mission to make people laugh again and be happy!
10 Aromatherapy-when lavender and rosemary scent oils are emitted from an oil diffuser, people tend to feel more contented and relaxed. Try my blend at night of geranium and lavender oil.
11. Massage-touch creates measurable changes in brain wave activity. Treat yourself to a professional massage or get your partner to stimulate energy flow and mood through massage.
12. Engage in acts of kindness- helping others not only makes us feel good, but it helps other people to feel better, because they see that you care about them.
13. Nutrition- You are what you eat. A healthy diet will provide you with more energy and vitality.
14. Get out and about around Nature. Research has noted that spending time at around trees helps increase good quality oxygen to your body.
For me this is my number one too along with yoga & meditation. 👌🏻🌾
Let me introduce myself, I’m Nicky Arthur International Author, Yoga and Fitness Coach, Vegan specialist, & Fitness Model Competitor, above all a mother of two beautiful healthy energetic young girls. For me that’s my most prized accomplishment. However, being a Mum and juggling it all can be challenging. But it doesn't necessarily mean you have to stop setting your own goals and dreams.
I love physical challenges and yoga has taught me the power of your mind. Often the mind stops you from doing the exercises than the body, are bodies are much stronger & flexible than we think and our minds are even more powerful.
My work is based on helping women and mums transform their body and life.
The 10 week Body Transformation program is aimed to help you look fit & healthy but more importantly feel good in the inside. I have the right recipe ticking all the right boxes for living a holistic, drug free, pain free happy exciting satisfied life. It is not just about weight loss, or fitness, it is about internal health and happiness, learning how your body works. In 10 weeks. I provide you with a plan, the tools and help you to you dream body so you can live your own dream life.