Hi there how are you going. My heart goes out to all those families effected losing loved ones and jobs.
Today we are living in isolation, this time will pass. It requires us to have patience, compassion and inner strength.
In the meantime we can change how we react to this time by turning it into opportunity to go inward. As yogis we could look at our new everyday routine like living in an ashram, or perhaps if you are on your own a Vipassana retreat.
An Ashram is a quiet place for practicing Yoga, Meditation and spiritual practices to evolve and grow spiritually. With the daily routine of the Ashram and helping others around you with chores while pursuing spiritual goals. Ashrams were originally founded as Indian hermitages or places of seclusion, and remain so today. We can relate to this Ashram like our homes with our families.
When we were hit with this change we were forced to make physical changes, then emotional and mental health changes, now as we welcome meditation more and more into our everyday life, we can embrace the Spiritual awareness. This could be how we find joy in our days, or how we can be of service to others.
Your soul is the most intimate part of you.
Finding deeper meditations, daily gratitude and self-love daily will get you through this time.
Try to look and visualise how you see yourself in a positive light when we do get to the other side but while we are here we must be present, and live an ashram inwardly world.
A consistent practice of yoga and meditation are great tools for mental health and connecting to your most intimate self. It can help to eliminate worry, stress, anxiety which all contribute to higher cortisol levels, when we lower cortisol levels we strengthen our immune system.
When we practice deeply we find increased self -love for ourselves and others, we find peace and happiness. We become present.
How can you find tune your daily routine while at home, by beginning to incorporate a regular daily practice, cleaner nutrition, exercise, Ayurveda teas and healing tonics, meditating and practising positive mindset. Keeping a journal, writing positive affirmations, exploring your natal chart, listening to healing mantras, chanting, singing and sharing your light and love to those around you.
Try not to over analyse your emotions, we are all feeling it. It’s ok to feel what comes up, but having the tools to help you overcome those feelings is important to your wellness. Spend time on creative activities or things you love to do. Take this time to write a blog, a book, a journal.
Give yourself a sense of meaning & purpose.
Give love to yourself and others.
Tap into your own inner peace and joy
Being a service to others.
The virus is bringing out our deepest shadows, if you were fearful before you might be experiencing heightened fear and anxiety. Try to keep yourself uplifted in ways to keep moving through your emotions, by using the simple method of gratitude or the above tools.
If you were lonely before you may feel more loneliness. Use an affirmation such as
“I am surrounded by loving people who care and love me”
If it is fear, then practice gratitude or exercises for base chakra – feeling safe and secure.
We cannot experience fear if we are truly grateful, truly grateful.
Practice this in your meditations. Hope this helps.
Ps start small, maybe a 15 min daily practice while extend into an hour daily practice. Give yourself a day off to rest and sleep more if you need to.
Click the link to listen to my Guided Meditation on Gratitude and getting more intimate with your soul.
NICKY ARTHUR A world renowned Fitness & Yoga Coach who started her journey 20 years ago in a hippy and rustic Ashtanga Yoga studio in Dunedin, New Zealand. Now a Certified Iyenger and Bikram Yoga Teacher and Fitness Coach has helped lead thousands of people to Yoga.
Have you had a massive week! Restoring your temple and your mind is everything for living life with passion and VITALITY.
We all need a little mood boosting from time to time.
These Tips are practical and they work.
Mood Booster Techniques
Control the direction of your thinking- choose to identify and eliminate negative thoughts from your mind.
1. Choose your peer group wisely-they can either lift you up or tear you down. Be bold and be honest in your assessment of your circle of influence.
2. Get plenty of quality sleep- invest in a comfortable mattress, pillows, soft sheets and tranquil thoughts. Use the mediation CDs to help you relax and to clear your mind before sleep.
3. De-clutter your space- an organised environment at home and at work results in an increased sense of calmness.
4. Keep your work and home environment bright and airy- light increases serotonin levels and lifts mood. An airy environment helps increase oxygen flow and energy levels.
5. Listen to uplifting music- Music is the ultimate mood changer. It can take you from the depths of listlessness to the heights of exhilaration. Invest in an ipod or MP3 player with your favorite mood booster play lists on it. Try Wilson Phillips 'Hold On', Savage Garden 'Affirmation', your favourite band, or embrace some yoga music such as 'Deva Premal', spiritual, sensuous and relaxing.
6. Stay aware of your body language- posture and facial expressions are powerful influences on the brain's neuro-transmitters, so walk tall, sit straight and smile!
7. Take a break and do something different- just doing something different will help break the state that you're in (e.g. if you've been working on the computer for a long period, just get up and walk around or try having a fresh glass of cold water or telling a joke).
8. Use the power of visualization- we can re-live a previous highlight or future utopia (and its associated positive emotions) at any stage by using the creative energy of our minds.
9. Look for reasons to laugh- the act of laughing, or even faking a laugh can elevate mood levels significantly. It is my mission to make people laugh again and be happy!
10 Aromatherapy-when lavender and rosemary scent oils are emitted from an oil diffuser, people tend to feel more contented and relaxed. Try my blend at night of geranium and lavender oil.
11. Massage-touch creates measurable changes in brain wave activity. Treat yourself to a professional massage or get your partner to stimulate energy flow and mood through massage.
12. Engage in acts of kindness- helping others not only makes us feel good, but it helps other people to feel better, because they see that you care about them.
13. Nutrition- You are what you eat. A healthy diet will provide you with more energy and vitality.
14. Get out and about around Nature. Research has noted that spending time at around trees helps increase good quality oxygen to your body.
For me this is my number one too along with yoga & meditation. 👌🏻🌾
Let me introduce myself, I’m Nicky Arthur International Author, Yoga and Fitness Coach, Vegan specialist, & Fitness Model Competitor, above all a mother of two beautiful healthy energetic young girls. For me that’s my most prized accomplishment. However, being a Mum and juggling it all can be challenging. But it doesn't necessarily mean you have to stop setting your own goals and dreams.
I love physical challenges and yoga has taught me the power of your mind. Often the mind stops you from doing the exercises than the body, are bodies are much stronger & flexible than we think and our minds are even more powerful.
My work is based on helping women and mums transform their body and life.
The 10 week Body Transformation program is aimed to help you look fit & healthy but more importantly feel good in the inside. I have the right recipe ticking all the right boxes for living a holistic, drug free, pain free happy exciting satisfied life. It is not just about weight loss, or fitness, it is about internal health and happiness, learning how your body works. In 10 weeks. I provide you with a plan, the tools and help you to you dream body so you can live your own dream life.