It is that time of the year where people can easily get off track with their health, fitness and nutrition.
There is still time to re kick start your health before Xmas. Try this. I know you will reap the results and feel the effects of my gentle detox cleanse. For the full program you can contact me direct. Just fill out the form here on my website for more details. http://www.nickyarthur.com.auwww.nickyarthur.com.au
This is called living the Lifestyle Dream - feeling amazing. Everything else follows when you feel good and radiate from within.
Enjoy and remember to drop me a line and let me know. I will replY.
Namaste Nicky xx
2 DAYS RAW to get back on track.
REMINDER - DRINK LOTS OF WATER INBETWEEN MEALS AND MY LEMON & TURMERIC TEA RECIPES
NICKY'S HEALING TEA
1/2 inch of fresh turmeric or a 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
1 litre of water, blend in vitamin, strain pulp. Store in a glass Jar.
To make a tea add 1/2 to hot water in a cup or glass.
Y 4 MENU
Day 1. BREAKFAST
Option 1 - Green Smoothie
2 cup spinach
1 cup kale
2 frozen banana
1 scoop protein powder
1 tbsp Coconut oil
1 Tbspn Chia seeds and 1000mls water
This recipe will make enough for 3 smoothies. Store in glass jars for keep fresh and ready to grab on the run. Drink with a straw.
Option 2 – Seeds and fruit
1 tbsp of pumpkin sunflower
1⁄2 tbsp chia seeds with 1/2 banana
1 fresh strawberry
1 tbsp goji berries (optional to have with almond milk)
Option 1 - KALE JUICE- Blend 3-4 large kale leaves with 1 litre of filtered water in the vitamix, strain any pulp into a large glass bowl, pour into recycled bottles. Store in the fridge. Use within 48 hrs
Option 2 – Chocolate ginger crunch - sweet tooth calling
1 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, 1 tsp Chia seeds, 1/2 cup goji berries, 1 tsp organic cacao powder, 1/2 tsp ginger spice, 1 tsp coconut oil add all ingredients to a bowl mix well.
Drink a small kale juice with this
LUNCH - Hummus beetroot spinach salad
1 cup baby spinach, 1 raw beetroot (grated or sliced), 1/2 cup walnuts, 1 cup broccoli or green beans for dipping sea salt
1/2 cup hummus on the side
Raw Hummus Chickpeas have a delicious nutty taste and are nutritious and filling.
They're versatile too. Make them into hummus or dips, sprinkle over salads or soak, dehydrate and mill into chickpea flour.
Raw Chickpea Hummus
1 can chickpeas,
1 tablespoon tahini
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon 1⁄2 garlic clove
3 tablespoons olive oil 1⁄2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a blender or food processor. Start on low speed and gradually increase to high speed. Blend well, for 4–5 minutes until creamy and smooth. If the hummus is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water or olive oil. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Add 1/2 cup to the salad.
Drink litre of water in between meals
AFTERNOON SNACK -
1 celery stalks, 1 small cucumbers, 1 cup green beans or broccoli
Optional have another Super Detox Green Juice or Super Simple Green Drink.
DINNER – Healing Soup - See recipe by emailing Nicky now.
NIGHTIME - CAN BE THE HARDEST TIME OF THE DAY FOR PEOPLE TO GET THIS RIGHT.
Taper off all food from 6pm. Please have magnesium and Olive leaf extract oil morning and night.
REMINDER - DRINK LOTS OF WATER INBETWEEN MEALS
DAY 5 MENU
Day 2. BREAKFAST
Option 1 - Green Breakfast Beetroot & spinach salad
1 cup baby spinach
1 raw beetroot
1/2 cup walnuts
1/3 Cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup broccoli or green beans for dipping sea salt
1/2 cup hummus on the side for dipping
Option 2 – Green Smoothie - STAY CONSISTENT!
Option 1 - Raw Food box
1 cup broccoli, 1 cup green capsicum & 10 almonds +1 green apple, 1 fresh date or fig
Option 2 Super Detox Green a Smoothie or the Kale Juice Super Alkalising Clean Green Drink Clean Green
1 cup of English Spinach – the darker greens the healthier. 1 small apple
1 inch ginger
1 tspn spirulina
1 tspn flaxseeds for extra fiber
1 tspn chai seeds for a bit of body and fullness. 500mls water - Blend well.
NOTE- DOING A LOT OF EXERCISE OR RUNNING AROUND, THROW IN 1/2 A FROZEN BANANA
LUNCH – My fav- watch the Yu tube clip here with my chef Made in Bali.
This healing and energising soup is very low in calories making it a great choice for weight loss. Serves 2
3 zucchini , peeled
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbspn coconut oil
1⁄4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger 1 teaspoon onion, diced 1 teaspoon maple syrup 1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup filtered water 1 tablespoon chia seeds Coriander , to garnish Cracked black pepper, to taste
Blend all the ingredients in the bowl of a blender until smooth. Garnish with coriander and cracked black pepper to taste.
Chia seeds pudding yum!
1 1⁄4 cups almond milk
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
4 tbsp chia seeds 1 tsp ground cinnamon
In a large jar, combine all of the ingredients and shake well. I like to use mason jars to store this mixture and divide into 3 jars. Refrigerate until it thickens into a pudding-like consistency, about 30 minutes. Delicious treat and keeps for up to 5 days covered in the fridge.
Basil Fruit Salad
1 cup watermelon,
1⁄2 cup blue berries,
1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaves,
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- chop all fruit add basil leaves, sprinkle with seeds
TREAT FOR THAT SUGAR HIT !!!
Ginger Goji Chia Crunch
1 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1 tbsp Chia
1/2 cup goji berries
1 tspn organic cacao powder
1/2 tspn ginger spice
1 tspn coconut oi
l Add all ingredients to a bowl mix well and enjoy – yum!
WATCH THE ESY TO MAKE RAW SOUP HERE.
TIPS How can I assist my 5-Day Detox
Keep well hydrated by drinking 3-4 liters filtered water throughout the day, to help flush out your system. It's important not to drink water with meals as this will dilute your digestive enzymes and prevent your body from assimilating nutrients. Use Coconut water after yoga and at night to replace your night-time meal and hydrate your body.
RAW VEGAN ZUCCHINI SOUP. ZUCCHINI is a great weight loss food. Water gets rid of water. Your body is made up of water. So lets get the toxins and excess weight flushing out of your bodies system, so you can feel ALIVE LIVING.
NICKY ARTHUR A world renowned Fitness & Yoga Coach who started her journey 20 years ago in a hippy and rustic Ashtanga Yoga studio in Dunedin, New Zealand. Now a Certified Iyenger and Bikram Yoga Teacher and Fitness Coach has helped lead thousands of people to Yoga.
Have you had a massive week! Restoring your temple and your mind is everything for living life with passion and VITALITY.
We all need a little mood boosting from time to time.
These Tips are practical and they work.
Mood Booster Techniques
Control the direction of your thinking- choose to identify and eliminate negative thoughts from your mind.
1. Choose your peer group wisely-they can either lift you up or tear you down. Be bold and be honest in your assessment of your circle of influence.
2. Get plenty of quality sleep- invest in a comfortable mattress, pillows, soft sheets and tranquil thoughts. Use the mediation CDs to help you relax and to clear your mind before sleep.
3. De-clutter your space- an organised environment at home and at work results in an increased sense of calmness.
4. Keep your work and home environment bright and airy- light increases serotonin levels and lifts mood. An airy environment helps increase oxygen flow and energy levels.
5. Listen to uplifting music- Music is the ultimate mood changer. It can take you from the depths of listlessness to the heights of exhilaration. Invest in an ipod or MP3 player with your favorite mood booster play lists on it. Try Wilson Phillips 'Hold On', Savage Garden 'Affirmation', your favourite band, or embrace some yoga music such as 'Deva Premal', spiritual, sensuous and relaxing.
6. Stay aware of your body language- posture and facial expressions are powerful influences on the brain's neuro-transmitters, so walk tall, sit straight and smile!
7. Take a break and do something different- just doing something different will help break the state that you're in (e.g. if you've been working on the computer for a long period, just get up and walk around or try having a fresh glass of cold water or telling a joke).
8. Use the power of visualization- we can re-live a previous highlight or future utopia (and its associated positive emotions) at any stage by using the creative energy of our minds.
9. Look for reasons to laugh- the act of laughing, or even faking a laugh can elevate mood levels significantly. It is my mission to make people laugh again and be happy!
10 Aromatherapy-when lavender and rosemary scent oils are emitted from an oil diffuser, people tend to feel more contented and relaxed. Try my blend at night of geranium and lavender oil.
11. Massage-touch creates measurable changes in brain wave activity. Treat yourself to a professional massage or get your partner to stimulate energy flow and mood through massage.
12. Engage in acts of kindness- helping others not only makes us feel good, but it helps other people to feel better, because they see that you care about them.
13. Nutrition- You are what you eat. A healthy diet will provide you with more energy and vitality.
14. Get out and about around Nature. Research has noted that spending time at around trees helps increase good quality oxygen to your body.
For me this is my number one too along with yoga & meditation. 👌🏻🌾
Let me introduce myself, I’m Nicky Arthur International Author, Yoga and Fitness Coach, Vegan specialist, & Fitness Model Competitor, above all a mother of two beautiful healthy energetic young girls. For me that’s my most prized accomplishment. However, being a Mum and juggling it all can be challenging. But it doesn't necessarily mean you have to stop setting your own goals and dreams.
I love physical challenges and yoga has taught me the power of your mind. Often the mind stops you from doing the exercises than the body, are bodies are much stronger & flexible than we think and our minds are even more powerful.
My work is based on helping women and mums transform their body and life.
The 10 week Body Transformation program is aimed to help you look fit & healthy but more importantly feel good in the inside. I have the right recipe ticking all the right boxes for living a holistic, drug free, pain free happy exciting satisfied life. It is not just about weight loss, or fitness, it is about internal health and happiness, learning how your body works. In 10 weeks. I provide you with a plan, the tools and help you to you dream body so you can live your own dream life.