Hi peeps 🙌
Wow I am now Day 15 on my water fast!
Some of the changes have been so amazing. I am learning so much more about my TEMPLE, my body my life.
Some have been physical changes, some have been spiritual
, and many AHA moments, some have been internal, some have been joint, skin, eyes, gut health, energy, sleep, menstrual cycle, environmental, exercise and muscle recovery related.
I have noticed I have been less inclined to wear makeup, tan my skin, use any chemicals in the house. I have made changes with changing my toothpaste, cleaning products, and making my own DIY turmeric + oatmeal face masks.
Here is the recipe
TURMERIC CACAO + OATMEAL FACE MASK for exfoliation.
1/2 cup oatmeal, or blend organic whole grain oats
1/2 cup hot water
1 Tbspn cocnut oil
1 tspn turmeric powder I use organic
1 tspn organic cacao powder
You can use a tablespoon of brown sugar but I didn’t have it.
Mix well. I found the paste to be much better refrigerated and used the next day. So perhaps make it a day on advance.
I have done a mask daily for the last 3 days and still have plenty left over.
My skin looks and feels smooth, dewy, rejuevemated and less lines around my neck. It made me realise how much I have neglected my neck, for exfoliation and hydration.
NICKY ARTHUR A world renowned Fitness & Yoga Coach who started her journey 20 years ago in a hippy and rustic Ashtanga Yoga studio in Dunedin, New Zealand. Now a Certified Iyenger and Bikram Yoga Teacher and Fitness Coach has helped lead thousands of people to Yoga.
Have you had a massive week! Restoring your temple and your mind is everything for living life with passion and VITALITY.
We all need a little mood boosting from time to time.
These Tips are practical and they work.
Mood Booster Techniques
Control the direction of your thinking- choose to identify and eliminate negative thoughts from your mind.
1. Choose your peer group wisely-they can either lift you up or tear you down. Be bold and be honest in your assessment of your circle of influence.
2. Get plenty of quality sleep- invest in a comfortable mattress, pillows, soft sheets and tranquil thoughts. Use the mediation CDs to help you relax and to clear your mind before sleep.
3. De-clutter your space- an organised environment at home and at work results in an increased sense of calmness.
4. Keep your work and home environment bright and airy- light increases serotonin levels and lifts mood. An airy environment helps increase oxygen flow and energy levels.
5. Listen to uplifting music- Music is the ultimate mood changer. It can take you from the depths of listlessness to the heights of exhilaration. Invest in an ipod or MP3 player with your favorite mood booster play lists on it. Try Wilson Phillips 'Hold On', Savage Garden 'Affirmation', your favourite band, or embrace some yoga music such as 'Deva Premal', spiritual, sensuous and relaxing.
6. Stay aware of your body language- posture and facial expressions are powerful influences on the brain's neuro-transmitters, so walk tall, sit straight and smile!
7. Take a break and do something different- just doing something different will help break the state that you're in (e.g. if you've been working on the computer for a long period, just get up and walk around or try having a fresh glass of cold water or telling a joke).
8. Use the power of visualization- we can re-live a previous highlight or future utopia (and its associated positive emotions) at any stage by using the creative energy of our minds.
9. Look for reasons to laugh- the act of laughing, or even faking a laugh can elevate mood levels significantly. It is my mission to make people laugh again and be happy!
10 Aromatherapy-when lavender and rosemary scent oils are emitted from an oil diffuser, people tend to feel more contented and relaxed. Try my blend at night of geranium and lavender oil.
11. Massage-touch creates measurable changes in brain wave activity. Treat yourself to a professional massage or get your partner to stimulate energy flow and mood through massage.
12. Engage in acts of kindness- helping others not only makes us feel good, but it helps other people to feel better, because they see that you care about them.
13. Nutrition- You are what you eat. A healthy diet will provide you with more energy and vitality.
14. Get out and about around Nature. Research has noted that spending time at around trees helps increase good quality oxygen to your body.
For me this is my number one too along with yoga & meditation. 👌🏻🌾
Let me introduce myself, I’m Nicky Arthur International Author, Yoga and Fitness Coach, Vegan specialist, & Fitness Model Competitor, above all a mother of two beautiful healthy energetic young girls. For me that’s my most prized accomplishment. However, being a Mum and juggling it all can be challenging. But it doesn't necessarily mean you have to stop setting your own goals and dreams.
I love physical challenges and yoga has taught me the power of your mind. Often the mind stops you from doing the exercises than the body, are bodies are much stronger & flexible than we think and our minds are even more powerful.
My work is based on helping women and mums transform their body and life.
The 10 week Body Transformation program is aimed to help you look fit & healthy but more importantly feel good in the inside. I have the right recipe ticking all the right boxes for living a holistic, drug free, pain free happy exciting satisfied life. It is not just about weight loss, or fitness, it is about internal health and happiness, learning how your body works. In 10 weeks. I provide you with a plan, the tools and help you to you dream body so you can live your own dream life.